Partner | 312.628.7183 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Sam Royko joined L&G Law Group after serving as the Managing Partner for The Royko Group, a commercial law firm dedicated to providing excellent customer service while working diligently to find, create, and pursue the best solutions for its clients. The Royko Group joined L&G to expand the legal services it could offer to its clients and to support the national and international interests of its clients. The Royko Group is now proud to offer client services as The Royko Group at L&G.
Sam is a graduate of Georgetown University Law Center. Sam was certified as a mediator with the Center for Conflict Resolution and oversaw numerous mediations while completing a visiting student year at Northwestern University School of Law. Prior to founding The Royko Group, Sam was a founding partner of Sullivan Royko, LLC and was a litigation attorney at The Quinlan Law Firm and Robinson Curley, P.C.
Sam has represented individuals, small businesses, and corporations across the United States in state and federal litigation, arbitration, and mediation. Sam has experience representing clients in complex commercial litigation, employment litigation, entertainment law, and class action matters. Having served as lead counsel in a variety of high-profile commercial disputes involving complex litigation and public relations, Sam has a keen understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities that exist when litigation is covered in the media.
In addition to Sam’s litigation practice, Sam provides legal support to companies ranging from small businesses to large corporations as outside general counsel. Sam’s prior experience in communications and public relations as an associate at Kurth Lampe Worldwide, a strategic communications firm, has further enhanced his ability to manage the complex legal concerns of businesses and corporations while assisting in protecting the businesses best interests and brand.
Sam believes in providing client-focused, solution-driven services to his clients and prides himself in finding and implementing unique solutions. He understands the importance of understanding a client’s goals and strives to surpass them. Sam realizes the need not only for great litigating and advising, but also for customer service in law. He strives to be responsive, creative, effective, and efficient for his clients and to offer his clients great value. He understands the challenges his clients face, and seeks to be there, by their side, every step of the way, until a positive outcome is achieved.
The son of Pulitzer Prize-winning Chicago columnist Mike Royko, Sam was inspired to pursue a career in law after watching and reading about his dad’s zeal in fighting for the little guy. He sought his legal degree to advocate for others who believe they have been wronged and to make a positive impact in his community. Sam brings the same dedication and passion to his work for his clients.
- State of Illinois Bar
- District of Columbia Bar (Pending)
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- The Royko Group
- Founder & Managing Partner
- Greater West Town Community Coalition
- Founder 2021 – Present
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Certified Mediator from Center for Conflict Resolution
- Represented a real estate developer as to a $200 million corporate transaction in the state of Arizona.
- Assisted in a high-profile malicious prosecution case against the City of Chicago.
- Provided outside counsel work for an Arizona corporation with revenues exceeding $30 million per year.
- Participated in the creation of a class for a high-profile class action case against a major accrediting board.
- Defended a prominent educator from wrongful termination and an erroneous DNH decree in both State and Federal Court against an independent office created by the Illinois State Legislature.
- Represented a Las Vegas real estate developer and drafted an appeal for the Illinois appellate court for a legal insurance claim valued at over $25 million.
- Helped a class of individuals working in an emerging mobile application-based industry to evaluate potential claims and address legal concerns.
- Defended a California winery against improper denial for an insurance claim after suffering millions of dollars in damages from a natural disaster.
- Advocated on behalf of an elected official who faced discrimination by another elected official.
Publications and Coverage
- Sam Royko, Chicago Tribune, Op-ed: As Mike Royko’s son, I still feel the need to be a voice for Chicagoans and a safer, more vibrant city, November 22, 2021, https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/commentary/ct-opinion-chicago-public-safety-royko-20211122-pf3hiwaef5cqrjp6goz37tmbai-story.html
- Quinn Myers, Block Club Chicago, West Town Groups Demand Action from City as Carjacking Surge Continues: ‘Leaders Need to Make This A Bigger Priority’, November 17, 2021, https://blockclubchicago.org/2021/11/17/west-town-groups-demand-action-from-city-as-carjacking-surge-continues-leaders-need-to-make-this-a-bigger-priority/
- Sam Royko and Rick Kogan, WGN Radio, Attorney Sam Royko talks about his new law firm, The Royko Group, August 22, 2021, https://wgnradio.com/after-hours-with-rick-kogan/attorney-sam-royko-talks-about-his-new-law-firm-the-royko-group/
- Sam Royko, Chicago Tribune, Op-ed: A Love of Chicago, September 12, 2010, https://www.chicagotribune.com/opinion/ct-xpm-2010-09-12-ct-perspec-0912-daley-20100912-story.html
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., Washington, D.C.
- Northwestern University School of Law (visiting student), Chicago, IL.
- DePaul University, B.A., Political Science, Chicago, IL.
‣ Commercial Litigation
‣ Class Actions
‣ Entertainment Law
‣ General Counsel Services