Partner | 480.398.3100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelton “Tony” Freeman practices in all L&G Arizona locations. With more than 35 years in the legal field, he works closely with businesses and individuals to assure clients benefit from his passion for analyzing complex situations and developing creative and strategic business approaches to disputes. From simple transactions to complicated legal matters Tony’s winning spirit saves clients time and money. Here are some examples of complex matters requiring knowledge in diverse practice areas: A multi-generational family office with investments in real estate, agriculture, and other areas with transactions; litigation of contract rights and estate planning; a real estate brokerage with offices throughout the state that has contract and compliance issues; and a multi-tiered organization with controlling interests in other companies in multiple states to address acquisitions, disputes, and litigation.
Tony has consistently earned the Martindale-Hubbell highest AV Preeminent peer rating, achieved by only a small percentage of attorneys, a designation trusted worldwide by users and referrers of legal services.
• Cannabis industry: Corporate formation, advisory representation, mergers and acquisitions, and litigation
• Creditor rights and bankruptcy: Representation of creditors and debtors in complex bankruptcy reorganization and liquidation settings as well as informal workouts and related litigation
• General corporate matters: Corporate and limited liability company formations, secured transactions, general contracts and related litigation, fraud
• Estate and asset planning: Designing estate plans for wealth transfer and protection from creditors, as well as probate litigation, including breach of fiduciary duty and conflict of interest claims, and asset analysis and recovery
• Real estate: Lending, sales, acquisitions, leasing, title issues, homeowner associations, landlord/tenant matters, condemnation, boundary disputes and related litigation
When traveling, Tony turns into a professional photographer shooting unique glimpses of nature, from wildlife to landscapes and skylines. Tony’s photography is on display in the Flagstaff office and on the website: NatureExposedPhotography.com.
He is also an avid supporter of the arts and budding young photographers. He hosts annual photography contests in the Flagstaff office for both the local high school students (regularly receiving hundreds of entries) and for Northern Arizona University photography students. Tony also sponsors and regularly hosts “Flagstaff First Friday Art Walks” and is a major sponsor to the Flagstaff Arts Council.
The highest compliment he has received for his contributions to the arts was receiving several nominations for annual Viola Awards by the Flagstaff Arts Council in the category of businesses supporting the arts. If that isn’t enough, Tony achieved the status of Ironman in 2015 and plans to compete again.
• U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
• U.S. District Court, All Districts of California
• Bankruptcy Appellate Panel 9th Circuit
• U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
• J.D., with distinction, University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (1984)
• B.A., cum laude, Arizona State University (1981)
• Law clerk to the Honorable Carl A. Muecke, District Court Judge for the District of Arizona
• Appellate Law clerk to the Honorable Robert G. Mooreman, Chief U.S. Bankruptcy Judge, District of Arizona, 9th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel
• Member, State Bar of Arizona
• Member, State Bar of California
• Member, Maricopa County Bar Association
• Member, Coconino County Bar Association
• Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
‣ Appellate Practice
‣ Banking & Financial Services
‣ Bankruptcy & Creditor’s Rights
‣ Commercial Finance
‣ Commercial Litigation
‣ Commercial Transactions
‣ Corp. Governance & Compliance
‣ Corporate Finance
‣ Corporate Practice
‣ Real Estate Law
Download vCard >